Oregon Cadet National Team Wrestling Camp
Dates to be confirmed
Southern Oregon University
"Train with Oregon's best Cadets as they prepare to take on the Nation and maybe you can be on the top podium"
What: Oregon Cadet National Team Training Camp
Who: Open to all School Boys & Cadet age wrestlers
Why: To participate in a camp where the focus is preparing for a National event
When: Check IN and OUT dates and times TBD
Purpose: To provide experience for members for a National Team Training Camp
Cost: Cost for 2012 TBD
Includes: Room, all you can eat meals, and T-shirt
Bring: Sleeping bag, plenty of workout gear, toiletries, towels, and running shoes
All participants will be required to have a USA Wresting Card. Cards can be purchased at camp if needed at a cost of $35.00
Campers will train with National Team members the entire camp. They will also be taught advanced wrestling skills, mat strategy, and mental preparation by the National Team Coaching Staff. There will be recreational activities and free time to get to know the team members and coaching staff. No other camp gives you this unique opportunity for school boys and cadet age wrestlers to train with Oregonâ€™s Best. This opportunity has been a tremendous experience to learn what it would be like to be a team member for National level competition.
- To prepare Oregon Cadet Wrestlers for USA Wrestling National Freestyle & Greco Championships.
- To develop an improve advanced wrestling skills, mat strategy, body position and mental preparation.
- To develop & improve individual motivation & goals.
- To develop the ability to challenge yourself through ropeâ€™s and obstacle course experiences.
- To provide younger less experience wrestlers the opportunity to experience:
- National Team Training
- Advance Wrestling Skills & Techniques
- Higher standard of daily wrestling competition
OWA Supports Olymipic Wrestling
*Photo taken at the Cadet and Junior Freestyle and Greco State Tournament in Corvallis by Patricia Schilling